- dcraw A port of Dave Coffin's dcraw
program for converting Raw files from digital cameras to the more
widely used TIFF format. Please note that dcraw is, apparently, no longer developed. This is a port of version 9.27.
- lcms A port of the Little Colour Management System. This is used by the port of dcraw (above).
- pcre (updated 16/7/2019) A port of Philip Hazel's Perl Compatible Regular Expression library. This is a port of version 10.33 and can be used as a linkable C library, or a relocatable module.
- fuzz (updated 28/4/2020)A port of the fuzz type checker for the Z language. This is a tool for specifying computer programs using mathematical logic. This updated version has a few additions to better integrate it with RISC OS.
- vfpmath (updated 29/5/2023) An implementation of the mathematical functions for the ARM VFP architecture. This is not complete and still under development. This updated version now includes a considerably improved implementation of the trigonometric functions, and implementations of the Bessel functions. For more details please see Readme.pdf in the Zip file.
- Regular expressions, part 1 Part 1 of my regular expressions articles for Archive. This was first published in vol. 23, no. 10 (March 2015).
- Regular expressions, part 2 Part 2 of the above. This was first published in vol. 23, no. 12 (December 2015). If you want to try any of the examples, you will also need the program which accompanied the articles
- ARMs and architecture, part 1 Part 1 of a series on computer architecture from the point of view of the ARM processor. This part introduces the basics of Instruction Set Architecture and the differences between RISC and CISC processors. First published in vol. 25, no. 1 (October/November 2020).
- ARMs and architecture, part 2 Part 2 of the series on computer architecture. This part considers pipelines and superscalar execution. First published in vol. 25, no. 2 (January/February 2021).